Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Shops at Old Denton, Carrollton

Dear Dallas,
I am shocked Dallas, you have a China Town! Well, to be clear, you have a China Town, Korean Town and Japan Town all rolled into one. It's the Shops at Old Denton, a strip mall area that has been around since I was a kid and is nothing like it was in the 80's & 90's! It's amazing, and really kind of funny due to what the businesses are now and were then.
From my second rate journalism, I found out that this began about three years ago. The center piece of the Shops at Old Denton is the Super H Mart, an Asian Tom Thumb and what was a Mervyn's. It is really great; any food you could imagine being bought half way around the world is in Carrollton, Texas. Lychee fruit, dried fish, kim chi, the list goes on. The best area of the Super H is the food court. There are only about eight "restaurants" in the food court but well rounded choices. As a vegetarian I cannot really review the food due to my limitations but please know that the fish choices are excellent and fresh! I did a walk through of the market and bought some plums the size of a baseball and aloe juice.
I highly recommend a visit; from sushi restaurants to karaoke spots, acupuncture to a yogurt spot, you can find almost anything you desire!
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment